Friday, July 27, 2007

Last Visit to Cinci

Cincinatti, Ohio; July 25-27, 2007

On Wednesday I traveled to Cincinnati for the last time during my clerkship (so sad). Our last sitting was loads of fun. On Wednesday night my co-clerks and I joined the Judge and Angy for dinner at The Precinct -- a Jeff Ruby steakhouse just outside downtown Cincinnati. The restaurant is actually an old police precinct. The food was unbelievable and I would recommend eating there if you're ever in town.

After dinner David, Allison, Barney and I headed to the new bar that just opened across from the courthouse -- Cadillac Ranch. This was a great place: cheap drinks, good music (plus a dance floor), outdoor seating, and best of all, a mechanical bull! After some prodding from my co-clerks, I rode the bull and, surprisingly, had tons of fun. I actually hung on for quite some time. It's much harder than it seems and your legs and arms get sore pretty quickly. Adam was shocked I had agreed to ride the bull.

My co-clerk David also rode the bull. He spoke to the bull operator and we learned the trick to staying on is to not taunt the bull. One of our friends, Mike, taunted the bull and paid the price. He flew head first off the bull.

On Thursday night we joined another group of great clerks for dinner at Beluga -- a sushi restaurant near Hyde Square in Cincinnati. The food was great and afterwards we headed to Rock Bottom Brewery for some post-dinner drinks on our last night in town. All and all I had a great time during my last visit to Cinci.

Pictures from my visit to Cinci, including my bull ride, will be posted later this week.

In case you're wondering about the Doog, she got a haircut on Saturday. I always think they cut her hair too short, leaving her looking a bit like a "rat dog." I'll post some pictures of her swimming later this week.

No comments: